Health and Safety
At Raisco Ltd we take our H&S responsibilities very seriously and we are persistently seeking ways of improving our already accomplished safety record, as well as going above and beyond the industry minimum requirements for our onsite and offsite activities.
From our recently developed workshop loading procedure, to using lifting brackets in lieu of traditional wrapping of chains, we relentlessly strive to eliminate all accidents within the workplace.
All our operatives are fully trained and competent and 100% CSCS approved.
Health and Safety Policy
The objective of this Health & Safety Policy is to provide the framework around which a safe and healthy working environment can be maintained.
It is the policy of Raisco Limited to place great importance on the health and safety of its employees and others, and it considers this to be a managerial function equal to that of any other responsibility.
Raisco Limited recognises and accepts its responsibility as an employer for providing a safe and healthy working environment on premises and property under its control in accordance with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.
It is the policy of Raisco Limited to liaise and co-operate with its employees to ensure the provision of a safe and healthy working environment.
Raisco Limited recognises and accepts its obligations to ensure that other parties are not adversely affected by the activities of the Company.
Raisco Limited will take steps, so far as is reasonably practicable, to meet all it’s health and safety responsibilities, in accordance with the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and subsequent amendments, by carrying out an assessment of all known risks and thus providing:
- the safe provision and maintenance of all plant, equipment and systems of work;
- safe arrangements for the use, handling, storage and transporting of equipment and materials;
- provision of suitable and sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision to enable its employees to identify hazards and avoid risks, therefore contributing to their own health and safety at work;
- a safe and healthy working environment, and safe access to, and egress from it.
A safety policy is unlikely to be successful unless it actively involves the people who work within that company.
Raisco Limited will, therefore, ensure effective consultation and communication throughout all levels of management and all employees. The Company Safety Policy will be reviewed as appropriate and revisions will be brought to the attention of each employee. It is equally the duty of each employee to work in accordance with the objectives of the Company Health and Safety Policy. Each employee must accept and carry out their responsibilities to:
- act with due care to prevent injury to themselves and others;
- report accidents, damage to equipment and potential hazards, to their employer;
- follow the agreed safe working procedures, including the correct use of safety and protective equipment.
It is the responsibility of each employee requested to operate equipment or work to safe systems that they are unfamiliar with, to inform their employer immediately so that the correct information, training and supervision can be provided. It is essential that the principles set out in this safety policy be faithfully applied if accidents and the resultant suffering and loss are to be avoided. The Board of Directors will give full backing to this policy and will support all those who endeavour to carry it out.
Environmental Mission StatementRaisco Limited recognises that there are many aspects of its activities that have impacts on the environment. The company is committed to reduce any adverse effects of these impacts by implementing a programme of continuous improvement.
To meet that aim the company policy is that Raisco Limited will:
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation and to that end apply the principle of ‘Best Available Technique Not Entailing Excessive Cost’ (BATNEEC) in all its activities.
- Plan and design to use materials and substances more efficiently to reduce the production and emission of waste.
- Strive towards a reduction in the use of energy supplies.
- Consider building design, effective plant and machinery to give the best performance with minimal environmental impact.
- Improve the company’s environmental awareness by undertaking training of its employees at all levels.
- Minimise the risk of environmental accidents by assessing all possible risks and implementing emergency plans to cover them.
- Ensure that waste is segregated and recycled whenever possible.
- Make resources available to ensure that this policy is fully implemented.
- Monitor and review its environmental performance on a regular basis.
- Publicise its environmental attainments to all its employees.
Raisco Ltd has a robust environmental policy and procedures system that is integrated into our Quality Management System.
In every respect, we seek to control our activities to avoid causing unnecessary and unacceptable risks or adverse effects on the environment, and preferably have a positive impact.
We have set targets related to a responsible approach to utility and material consumption, waste, sustainable construction, habitats and communities. Where waste and potential pollution are accepted as an inevitable consequence of our activities, we are committed to handling and disposing of all substances according to industry best practice.
Raisco Ltd recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination.
This policy sets out the organisation's position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruitment and promotion, giving guidance and encouragement to employees at all levels to act fairly and prevent discrimination on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, part-time and fixed term contract status, age, sexual orientation or religion.
A full copy of our Equal Opportunities policy is available on request.